CERTIFICATE OF COMPETENCY
Test and Tag Courses
ATTA Training also offer a Certificate of Competency, which is Nationally Accepted Training in compliance with the Australian Standard AS/NZS 3760. This in the bench mark and minimum requirement in Australia & New Zealand.
This course will provide in-depth training you need to become a “Competent Person” to test and tag. The certification you will earn is recognized by Australian employers and institutions.
Individuals or business owners can complete this course. It is ideally suitable for anyone wanting to Test and Tag their own tools and leads or Maintenance personal in larger businesses being able to adhere with the OH&S compliance regulations or people wanting to start their own business.
Once your training is successfully completed, you will receive a Certificate of Competency from ATTA Training.
Queensland regulations are different to the rest of Australia.
This qualification will allow you to Test and Tag equipment that you own or if you are employed equipment that your employer owns.
To conduct Test and Tag as a commercial enterprise there are further requirements. Contact Queensland Electrical Safety Office for more detail.
There are three components to this course.
- Theoretical learning session online via Webex – 4 hours
- Practical Learning via videos through an online link provided after learning session – 1 hour
- Assessments – Completed offline preferably within 7 days, with a 1 month maximum.
- Written via an online form. 15 minutes
- Practical Demonstration submitted via video. 45 minutes
- Computer with web cam and microphone – Good stable internet connection
- Own or have access to a PAT tester.
- Smart phone capable of filming video.
- WhatsApp installed onto that phone. (Available free from App Store and Google Play).
Course Information Virtual Classroom (Online) Plug Top Replacement
Proof of completion of an approved Test and Tag Course is a pre requisite of this course. There are two components to this course.
- Theoretical learning and assessment session online via Webex – 2 hours.
- Construct an extension lead under the observation of the trainer. (On Camera)
- Written assessment via an online form. - 10 minutes
- Computer with web cam and microphone – Good stable internet connection.
- 1 x 10a replaceable plug and 1 x 10a replaceable extension socket.
- 1 metre of 3 core (1.5mm) flexible cord. (Similar to an extension lead)
- Tools – Side Cutters, Suitable Screwdriver, Wire Strippers, Sheath Stripper.
- A PAT Tester.
Course Information Virtual Classroom (Online) Exit Lights
There are two components to this course.
- Theoretical learning session online via Webex – 2 hours.
- Written assessment via an online form. – 10 minutes
- Good internet connection
- Computer with web cam and microphone
The course will be run using Seaward PAC 3760 DL testers. Our trainers are familiar with most of the common PAT Testers available in the Australian market and will be happy to assist in your decision making for those who are looking to buy their own.